Anti-Oxidant Mask for Dry Skin::
This formula creates a deep, dark, full bodied cream. Designed to eliminate toxins and re-hyrate the skin with lasting hydration. The soul soothing activity of the chocolate will take you away as you wait for it to do its work on your skin. Developed to offer moisture repair for dewy soft, glowing, skin. The scent of the base is fantastic even without fragrance.
It glides on smoothly, without tackiness, so that you can spread it across the skin without tugging.
For a True Spa Experience:: start with cleansed skin, apply a hot wash cloth to the face to open the pores, apply the mask, after letting the mask do its work, spritz the skin with rose hydrosol and apply a hot wash cloth to the face letting it rest there for a minute, to loosen the mask, then remove with the wash cloth and follow with a spritz of Neroli Hydrosol to close the pores.
- Combine ingredients
- Mix well after the addition of the Gluconolactone & Sodium Benzoate.
- Heat to 170F, making sure that all powders are fully dissolved.
- Combine ingredients
- Heat to 170F, making sure that all solids are melted.
- Add to Phase A, with moderate mixing.
- Continue mixing until emulsion forms.
- Begin cooling to 110F. If you are cooling at room temperature, stir for 5 minutes every 10 to 40 minutes, depending on the size of the batch. (Allowing longer resting times for larger batches)
- Add to cooled emulsion, stirring after each addition.
- Store tightly closed, protected from moisture and heat.
TIP: You may substitute another milk, or water soluble ingredient, for the Coconut Milk.
TO USE: Apply to cleansed skin using your fingertips, or a fan brush, avoiding the lip and eye area. Leave on for 10 to 15 minutes before removing with a warm wash cloth. Use 2 to 3 times per week, depending on skin type.
* ALERT: We have received one customer follow up in which they did take the time and put in the effort to determine which ingredient caused them discomfort and temporary redness and irritation. They discovered, through process of elimination, that the ingredient responsible for that irritation was GSB. If you suspect a sensitivity to GSB then please substitute Optiphen Plus at 1.5% or use some other broad spectrum preservative. This recipe is not expected to cause any discomfort since it is not an exfoliating recipe. Discontinue use if irritation occurs.
In all cases, with our formulations, we assume that the ingredients are ours. If you will be using ingredients from another supplier then you will need to make sure that those ingredients are adequately preserved when they are part of the water phase of any formulation. This is because the level of microbial challenge is part of the equation in determining the preservation requirements. If you are using something that contributes a challenge, that we did not anticipate, then the formulation could end up having problems due to inadequate preservativation.
Product formulations are included as illustrative examples only. Ingredients To Die For makes no representation or
warranty concerning the efficacy, safety, or reliability of any product manufactured using such formulations. All
statements concerning the possible use of materials available from Ingredients To Die For are for research purposes
only. Ingredients To Die For is not responsible for the end use of materials sold.